Tuesday, November 30, 2010

{Family Pictures} I had this idea.....

This year I wanted our family pictures to be natural.
Nothing too posed or "fake".
{Ok, so we had to get at least one "everyone alook and smile" picture}
I wanted it to be real, to be us.
We are not perfect.
We have flaws.
Our family is different and at times very difficult to photograph.
Why not embrace this, right??
So I started thinking of where we should have our pictures taken.
Then I had this idea.....
Skee Ball, Bubba LOVES Skee Ball....
how can I incorporate Skee Ball????
I know... you all think I am CRAZY!
I wanted Bubba to be happy.
I wanted it to be FUN.
Luckily when I told my friend my idea she quickly hopped on board.
When we woke up on the morning of our shoot it was RAINING.
I was so worried because it was the only Saturday that we would be able to do it for a long time.
{it was Halloween morning to be exact.}
Ce Ce {my wonderful friend} and I were calling and texting each other
back and forth trying to decide if we should go ahead with it.
The rain stopped and it looked hopeful.
The lighting was not the best and certain shots did not come out how I had envisioned them in my head.
After LOTS of time editing and trying to clean them up I got frustrated that they weren’t as perfect as I wanted them to be…..
Then I realized something…..
Our family is not perfect.
Our family has flaws.
Once I changed my attitude the beauty in the pictures that my sweet
friend captured became much more clear.
I love how this morning was captured so perfectly for us to hold onto forever.
We have always been told that it is “Quality over Quantity” when
 it comes to our sweet Bubba, that is why I loves these tender moments to much.
They are REAL.
When ever life is hard I can look back on this day and smile.
I am grateful for our perfectly flawed family.



















3 comments:

Jenny said...

I think they are perfect too! I love that the location is so personal, great idea.

Rochelleht said...

I think those are beyond perfect!!! So fantastic.

Dania said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment about my family. I think every family is perfect. Flaws add "character" - the spice of life. Your beautiful family is perfect and your blessings as a mom shine through in every photo. What wonderful memories we make every day of our lives.

Happy holidays from our family to yours :-)