Well, no this is not our puppy..... he is a sweet friend we made one day while we were out for a walk. I LOVE this picture!!! The pup is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love Bubba's reaction to his sweet puppy kisses. Nope, no new furry friends at our house... sorry. I think I will waite until we can get Bubba's special assistance dog. Yes, that's right a dog that comes to us trained!!! They say that if Bubba started to seize it would be able to even roll him to his side and come get us!!! Wow, I mean really these creatures are pretty amazing!!!!!
Oh, I loved that book. I would get lost in the pages and imagine what it looked like and how I wanted so badly to be there myself.
Yesterday I went on a walk with my little family. I love living where we live. There are so many fun things with in minutes from us. For just a moment we stepped out of our reality and into our own little secret garden. It was beautiful, we were happy. Bubba even managed to walk a little!!! He would walk a few feet then Daddy or Mommy would pick him up and let him rest and before we knew it he was wanting to try again.
There are many wonderful things that I LOVE about summer. It most often is the things that I love the most I also HATE. I love watching Regan play outised in the sunshine on her slip n slide. I hate that when it is too sunny Bubba can not come out to watch. I love the way the sun feels on my skin as we play at the beach. I hate what the sun does to my sweet little boy. I love cloudy, Bubba mornings and the fun adventures that we get to go on together. I hate having to go to the beach with out him. I love it that friends tend to stop in more often during the summer. I hate that we more often than not can't go as a family to BBQ's and fun summer outings. I love that Regan get's to stay up later and that I don't have to worry about a bed time. I hate that she doesn't enjoy sleeping in as much as she enjoys staying up late. I love that we get to celebrate Bubba's 10th birthday on the 4th of July. I hate that my family lives so far away and doesn't get to celebrate with us. I love that we have more time to play. I hate that doctors appointments, medications, and pain doesn't take a break for the summer. I love that it has already been over three weeks since Bubba's surgeries and that he is doing so well. I hate that in just two short months he will be going in for more surgery. I love to go to disneyland with the kids. I hate the crowds that summer brings. I love that Regan is excited about swim lessons. I hate that she is still scared to put her face in the water and isn't water safe at all. I love Bubba's smile when Regan pushes him around the house in his wheelchair. I hate that his little legs aren't strong enough to run around in his walker yet. I love that Regan looked at a little boy today and said "What are you starring at.... he's just a handicaper!!" I hate that some day she might punch a little boy becuase she is so protective. I love going to the pool and free summer movies. I hate having to leave a child behind.
I have to say that I do love summer more and more when we have days like this.........
Today we met up with some of our friends at one of our local librarys to watch a fun Bubble show. Bubba started to fuss a little bit in the begining and I was worried I would have to take him out. After a little distratction and once the bubbles started getting BIG he was in heaven. Regan was one of the lucky kids called up to go in the BIG bubble. Bubba thought it was so fun!!
After the show was over we stuck around for a bit and talked to the woman putting on the show. She let all of the other kids in our group have a chance to get in their own BIG bubble!
Bubba LOVED every second of it and was so excited!!!!
So, not wanting my little boy to miss out on this fun moment I did what any other crazy mom would do.
I tied a knot in my dress, climbed in with him, and let him enjoy his very own BIG bubble!
After all of the Bubble fun was over we went into the Library to look at books. Regan was SOOOO happy when I told her that she could get her very own library card so that she wouldn't have to use Mommys. She has already read all three books she checked out today with HER card and wants to know if we can go back tomorrow. wink!!!!
How can you go wrong with a summer filled with Books and Bubbles???
Most of our adventures depend on Bubba and how he is feeling. On Saturday Bubba woke up and all I could think to myself was HE'S BACK!!!! After almost three weeks I feel like we finally have our sweet old Bubba back. Oh, this makes me so happy!!! Sunday morning we all piled in bed to give Daddy his gifts. Bubba sat in bed "talking", laughing, and yelling sweetly at us all. Later that night he started having seizures. It broke my heart. Just as soon as I thought he was 100 percent this happened. We are working with his neurologist to try to figure out why the surgeries have trigered so many seizures lately. Fingers crossed we can get it all worked out soon. The wonderful thing about Bubba is that even after a HARD night he will wake up the next morning with a smile on his face!!!
To start our summer off right we took Great Grandma Jo to the Aquarium.
Regan had her very FIRST sleep over!! She was so excited! They started the day off with some good ol' slip n slide fun. Abbie's little sister even got in on the action!
Bubba LOVED watching them!
I got the girls matching jammies and they looke oh so cute!!!
I think their favorite part of the night was the "funky junky" junk food!!!
They played games....
made tents and stayed up until 11:30!!!!
Both of the girls had a blast and it was the perfect way to start Summer.
We have spent LOTS of time painting.
These two monkeys have had so much fun playing together. Regan LOVES it when Bubba plays with her. They have both fallen in love with the "tent" under Regan's new bed. :)
Despite seizures last night we decided to take Collin to Disneyland to give him a healthy dose of his favorite pain medication. He has not been in almost a month. We all needed it! Thank you Nana for going with us!!!
We met up with some of our friends!!! We LOVE the Andersen family!!!!!
How sweet it that..... I just can't take it!!!
I can't even begin to tell you how lucky we all are to have such an AMAZING Nana in our lives!!!
The medication worked and we found Bubba's BIG (extra) toothy smile!!!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Dad. That BIG smile and open arms have always been there for me when I have needed him. If I ever doubt myself and what I can do, all I have to do is call my Dad and by the end of our conversation he will have me feeling reasured that I can do hard things. My Dad has always made us each feel so loved and has been there for each one of us during their hardest times. Dad, you know why I love you?... Because you BIG and your BAD and your my BIG BAD DAD!!! I love you so much!!!!
I am very blessed to have such an amazing Father in law. It seems that more often than not we are parnters in crime when it comes to Regan's birthday parties and making a fool of ourselves.wink! There isn't anything he wouldn't do for his grandchildren. He has such and endless love for his children and I feel blessed that I can count myself as one of them. I love you!!!
Wow, I feel so blessed that my children have such and AMAZING Dad. You are always there to cuddle, love, support, make laugh, encourage, challenge, guide, play, listen, entertain, bless, .... and SOOO much more. There won't ever be a day when your love for them is questioned, you show them and tell them EVERY day. I am so eternaly grateful for that. You constantly amaze me as new parenting challenges are thrown our way and you are there with such love and devotion to our children. I love you so much!!!!
These are just a few of the things that have been going on around here lately.........
1. Regan had her Kinder Hulau performance. They do this instead of a graduation, I mean we are in California.
Nana, Great Grandma Jo, cousin Andrea, Mommy, and Bubba all came to support our little hula girl.
2. While we were at school we stopped by Bubba's class so that he could say hi. I don't think words can even describe how sweet this moment was between Bubba and his Ms. Sheryll. They have both missed each other. Other people kept coming up and trying to give him loves and he just pushed them out of the way so that he could see HIS Ms. Sheryll. We LOVE her!!!
3. Can I just say what a sweet Husband I have. Jason brought me home these beautiful flowers from Bubba to thank me for being his nurse. He also sent my Mom flowers in Texas to thank her for all that she did for me and our family while she was here. Yes, he didn't forget his own Mom. He also got his mom flowers to thank her for all of her help with Regan while Bubba was in the hospital and all of the other MANY things that she has done to help us. 4. We have been playing LOTS of WII because it is one of the only things that makes Bubba happy during his hour long feeds. 5. Bubba is missing all of his girlfriends at school and has tried to sneak the phone several times to call them. wink! (Oh, I love that smile!!!) 6. Regan had her awards ceremony this week. She is such a smarty pants and makes us so proud of her!!! Nana watched Bubba so that I could go and enjoy this special time, Thank you Nana!!! (This is a phone picture.. sorry) 7. When Regan and I got home I was so EXCITED to see this waiting for me. My WONDERFUL sister sent me a good ol' southern meal in the mail. That's right we are talking corn bread, BBQ pork roast, potatoes, pecan pie, and cinnamon apples. Oh, it was YUMMY. We were feeling the love all the way from Oklahoma. Thank you Nancy, you truly are one of my very best friends!!! 8. Collin and Regan both had the most AMAZING teachers this year. We are so grateful to Mr. Tritz and Mr. Willie for all that they do. (Collin will have Mr. T again next year!! WAHOO!!) 10. Bubba was feeling pretty good today so we were lucky enough to go and help in Regan's class for a bit. If you can't tell it was the LAST day of school and things got a little CRAZY. Bubba thought that they were pretty funny. :) 11. When Regan came home today she was excited to find this..... 12. Just in case you were wondering Regan and I thought we would remind the world of our love for Bubba with these fun shirts we found. wink! (Don't judge... I have been WEEKS with out any sleep and I know I look awful! wink!) 13. Bubba has been having a lot of seizures. :( This has been so hard on his sweet little body. It feels like three steps forward... two steps back. I am sure before we know it he will be back to his old self.
14. Regan is having her very first sleep over at our home tomorrow night to celebrate summer. She is beyond excited!!!
15. Bubba is tolerating his feeds well and today weighed in a pound heavier!!!! He is up to 31 1/2 pounds.
16. The surgeries are helping Bubba to sleep better!!!! I know pretty amazing right! Now, I wish that I could relax enough to sleep. I have been so worried about "toobie" and making sure that everything is hooked up right for his night feed. I know that over time it will get easier... it will RIGHT!?!?!
17. I interviewed a nurse yesterday that I LOVE. She just might be our own Marry Poppins. The only problem is scheduling. So, we will see if it can work out or not.
18. Last but not least THANK YOU.... THANK YOU to all of you that have been praying for our sweet Bubba. THANK YOU for your sweet messages and kind words, they mean so much. THANK YOU to my wonderful friends that have brought by muffins, diet coke, Golden spoon, and dinners. THANK YOU to our wonderful families that have done so much for us over these past several weeks. THANK YOU!~ My heart is FULL!!! You all sure know how to make a girl feel loved. :)