Friday, June 25, 2010

We have a {LOVE} HATE relationship....

Summer and I, that is.

There are many wonderful things that I LOVE about summer. It most often is the things that I love the most I also HATE. I love watching Regan play outised in the sunshine on her slip n slide. I hate that when it is too sunny Bubba can not come out to watch. I love the way the sun feels on my skin as we play at the beach. I hate what the sun does to my sweet little boy. I love cloudy, Bubba mornings and the fun adventures that we get to go on together. I hate having to go to the beach with out him. I love it that friends tend to stop in more often during the summer. I hate that we more often than not can't go as a family to BBQ's and fun summer outings. I love that Regan get's to stay up later and that I don't have to worry about a bed time. I hate that she doesn't enjoy sleeping in as much as she enjoys staying up late. I love that we get to celebrate Bubba's 10th birthday on the 4th of July. I hate that my family lives so far away and doesn't get to celebrate with us. I love that we have more time to play. I hate that doctors appointments, medications, and pain doesn't take a break for the summer. I love that it has already been over three weeks since Bubba's surgeries and that he is doing so well. I hate that in just two short months he will be going in for more surgery. I love to go to disneyland with the kids. I hate the crowds that summer brings. I love that Regan is excited about swim lessons. I hate that she is still scared to put her face in the water and isn't water safe at all. I love Bubba's smile when Regan pushes him around the house in his wheelchair. I hate that his little legs aren't strong enough to run around in his walker yet. I love that Regan looked at a little boy today and said "What are you starring at.... he's just a handicaper!!" I hate that some day she might punch a little boy becuase she is so protective. I love going to the pool and free summer movies. I hate having to leave a child behind.


I have to say that I do love summer more and more when we have days like this.........


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so glad you found a nurse that you all love. and the whole love hate feeling is mutual. its so hard to see your babies suffer... but you have done such a wonderful job teaching him to enjoy life. his smile tells it all. he is truly a happy little guy. kudos to you momma for being such and good mom to both of your little angels :)