Sunday, February 7, 2010

{unanswered prayers}

"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered...
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers "

Garth Brooks

The other day I asked you to pray for my baby. Then the day came and I was frustrated that he wasn't even able to have the scan done that he needed. Well, I think that all of our prayers were defiantly answered that day. Maybe at first I didn't understand why this would happen to him.... why he would have to go through so much for nothing. Friday night it was made clear to me why that happened. Collin started coughing and with the episodes he would stop breathing for short periods. Saturday morning I took Collin into the doctors first thing. Collin had bronchitis verging on pneumonia. (with little to no symptoms) She was very concerned and it scared me. So, we gave him a breathing treatment in the office. She prescribed on oral steroid, antibiotic, and we had to get our own machine to continue to give him breathing treatments every four hours. She told me that if he didn't get better that he would end up in the hospital.

Tonight I am grateful for answered prayers that may at first seem like unanswered prayers. I am grateful to the doctor for acting on the feelings that he had on Thursday. For standing his ground and insisting that it would not be a good thing to put Collin under. If it weren't for him following his gut things could have ended very badly that day.

Bubba is still having a hard time BUT we have managed to stay out of the hospital. :)

The power of prayer is an amazing and wonderful thing. We might not always understand the answers to our prayers but God knows each one of us personally and knows our needs. I feel very blessed.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Julie, I was thinking that very same thing when I heard Collin was sick. I remembered you saying that you knew he didn't have the scan for a reason, you just didn't know what that reason was yet. Now we know! It WAS an answer to prayers. He was keeping little Collin safe just as we had all asked Him to. I hope he gets better soon!