Friday, December 23, 2011

A christmas Miracle {day 23}

Regan has been asking to go ice skating for a while. This was on my list of advent activates that I wanted the advent fairy to make happen BIG TIME! You see, we can’t just pick up and have a fun outing like this without MAJOR planning. They will not let Bubba’s wheel chair on the ice because of liability reasons. Regan did NOT want to go without Bubba. So, the advent fairy had to make several phone calls to make this one happen. The AMAZING people at the ice skating rink made a Christmas miracle happen for them!!!! We got it all worked out before going. :) We arrived and paid for public skate but then…. Wait for it…. Wait for it……… we got our very own, PRIVATE rink!!!!!!!! Nope, I am not evening kidding you! They only charged us the normal rate but let us have our own rink for an entire hour so that Bubba could join Regan on this AWESOME advent activity. Regan was so excited about getting out on the ice! Mommy has not been on the ice in a LONG time and I was VERY nervous. {Sorry for the bad picture quality.... didn't want to bring my "real" camera I was afraid of dropping it.... next time I will bring it. :}
 Regan looked so cute and was SOOOOO excited!!!!
 Bubba loved it too!!!

 Bubba didn't last too long on the ice, he was COLD. :)


Bubba and I went exploring and found something very exciting on one of the other rinks.....
The Zamboni!!!!
{Ok, this is the part that I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it!}
The manager came by and saw how
much Bubba LOVED the Zamboni and...... 
took us to the back to see the Zamboni!!!
He was so excited!!
Then he took us over the big gate where Bubba got the
 perfect seat to watch the BIG Zamboni come by. 
 He told the driver to honk at us when he came by....
Bubba LOVE LOVE LOVED that!!!!
Seriously, they went above and beyond to make this is a special day!
 After our Zamboni fun we went back to check on Regan and guess what!!!!
She was skating like a pro!!!!

I can not even begin to express in words how grateful I am for the wonderful people at Glacier Gardens. They made this fun outing turn into a magical day for both of my children. I was talking to the managers and telling them thank you over and over again. One of the managers told me that it is VERY rare to have an open rink and how they felt it was all meant to be. I am so grateful for to the owner that agreed to it all, the wonderful managers that went out of their way to make this happen, and a HUGE thank you to the amazing Zamboni!! :)

2 comments:

AllAmericanGrl said...

that is a Christmas miracle!!! i am so excited for you guys and especially bubba to see all the excitement :) I wish you and your family a Merry Merry Christmas! :)

Karen said...

What a beautiful Christmas miracle!...All because your Bubba touches everyone who meets him...Your family is so sweet. Reading this brought tears to my eyes!
Merry Christmas and God Bless You,
Love, from Wisconsin