Thursday, March 25, 2010

Keeping my head up

We knew when we went in for Collin’s MRI it could most likely be one of two things…. Either progressions of the demyelization or tumor. Well, the MRI came back and there has been no progression of the demyelization. Needless to say I am scared… not knowing what is going on with my sweet, sweet, sweet boy is the hardest part. He will most likely have to go in for another MRI. We have a lot of appointments with doctors coming up and are consulting with his team of doctors back east.


I am not sure who needed a Disneyland day more, Mommy or Collin. It was Daddy’s day off and after the kids got out of school we went and had a blast at one of our favorite places in the world. We were lucky enough to have our good friends meet us. I agree with Bubba….there is something magical about Disney that just makes you forget. He smiled all afternoon and we lived in the moment. Now, I have to just keep reminding myself to keep my head up….

OH, and can I just brag for a second....thanks. Do you see the pictures of Collin with the lolipop? Well, that is kind of a BIG deal. Bubba has a HUGE issue with textures and swallowing. I was excited when he licked the lolipop when I was holding it BUT then he held it and licked it all on his own!!! That was huge. I am sure that everyone on the tram thought we were crazy getting so excited about Collin licking a lolipop. :)

6 comments:

Ben Dutton said...

I love your pictures and comments. Thanks for being examples of how to do it all right. Jason was a great mission companion and now I can tell he is a heck of a dad. You guys rock!

Katie said...

oh my gosh! I guess I should've given Bubba his oun lollipop! Love that pic- too cute! Thanks for letting us be a part of your day!

Unknown said...

YA-AY! holding the lolipop is HUGE but LICKING it?!?! tell him... way to tell the doctors where to shove it. =) LOVE YOU!!

Kenny said...

So glad you had such a fun afternoon as a family. I am still praying there is no tumor and will continue to do so!

Mandy said...

That is soo AWESOME! Caleb is completely G-tube fed, and when people hear that, they always say "not even candy" I just think that is funny, not even candy, if he did I would give him as much as he wanted. Way to go buddy!!

Trena said...

Two of my favorite families! What a fun day!!