Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gulp.... Here's to a new school year.

Tomorrow my sweet children will be grasped into the hands of the public school system and our fun summer will be over. We have had such a blast this summer and have lived each second that we could to it's fullest.
Tonight.... I am nervous.
What if I didn't pack the right food... what if I packed too much or too little.
What if some how I show up late to pick Regan up and she is sitting there crying.
What if .... What if .... What if....

Well, tomorrow will bring a whole new phase to my role as a mother. I am not sure if I am ready for this new phase BUT ready or not... here it comes! GULP!!!

Monday night for FHE we decided to usher in this new school year in style. We invited all the grandparents and we had......


in our back yard.

After all of the yummy food and AMAZING blue steal posing it was time for Daddy to give the kids their back to school father's blessings. It was sweet........ personal... and reassuring. My kids are so blessed to have the wonderful Daddy that they have.
So, here we are..... Ready or not tomorrow will come and I will have a kindergartner and a fourth grader. Wish me luck... I just want to make sure I make it to my car before I break down. I will update tomorrow to let you know how it went!

11 comments:

Kenny said...

Good luck! Call if you need some support :)

Randi said...

Prayers...for YOU! The first day of Kindergarten is ALWAYS harder on the Mommy than the child. You can do it! You can do it!! You CAN do it!!!

Amy said...

I have been the worst blogger lately...please note that it is 12:15am right now!!!

Anyways...so many inspiring and sweet posts...love the one about Jason...mad about the ikea incident, i wish i could have been there to help...LOVE the fashion show and that duck umbrella is hysterical, LOVE IT!!! Two dollars?! where?!

Jenny said...

You are the cutest mommy ever! What a fun idea!

Amy Eaton said...

So Adorable!! That little girl of yours is the cutest thing!:)

EvaMarieva said...

That is such a cute FHE idea. Good luck today, I am thinking of you!

Unknown said...

on gavin's first day of first grade (meaning i had to pack a lunch...) i packed him so much food that he didn't get to play at all and they had to kick him out of the lunchroom before he finished it all. Ooops! and then, this year, i was totally unprepared and sent him beef jerky and applesauce. he said, hey mom - i was done so fast, i was the first one done! no kidding...

My Homestead said...

Oh Julie you are such a good mommy!

Charlotta-love said...

back to school fashion show??? that is the coolest thing I've ever heard!

Sara said...

I just stumbled on your blog this evening....I love it! I totally dig your style show too~what a great idea that I may steal next year when my diva goes to kindergarten. ;)

Just wanted to say "hi" and I will be back to read more. :)

Kristi said...

Julie, you are the best mom in the entire world. I don't know another mother who puts as much time and dedication into creating such wonderful memories for their kids. You make me want to be a better person and mom. I love you! This looked like a really fun time, Regan is so cute! Collin's backpack is too funny! Love it!