Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Day... we survived.

It was HARD...
 
Oh, was it HARD....
 
it was painful.
 
 
We did the only thing that we could......
we made the day about her.
Thank heavens for sweet little Stanley.
He was by her side all morning just as excited about everything as she was. ;)
 
 
I'm not even joking when I say that  I think Bubba was whispering in Stanley's
ear telling him to get excited about a doll house... a make up kit.....
to just be close to her and be excited with her.
 
Then we headed over to Nana and Pa Pas house......
 
 
 
Nana know how special Pooh has become to Regan...
it is her concection to Bubba.
So, Nana made her a checker board quilt out of Pooh fabric. ;)
 
 
 
Pa Pa got Jason these remote control cars....
I think I even heard some laughing....
laughter on one the of hardest days.
 
After all of the presents were opened.....
the three of us went by ourselves to see Bubba.
We cried a LOT.
We told him what we got him for Christmas...
we each preformed an act of service in his name.
We talked about our favorite memories with him on Christmas.
We cried.
We laughed.
We hugged.
 
It was HARD.....
Oh, it was HARD....
it was painful
BUT
we survived.

1 comment:

My Homestead said...

That picture at the cemetery breaks my heart :(